Child #1: You know, miss, you should probably take something for that.Me: You're right. I actually took some Tylenol.Child #2 (disdainfully): You should, like, take some painkillers or something.Me (whilst the other children stare at child #2 in amazement): Tylenol is a painkiller.Child #2: Oh.
Incidentally, this child is also the star of the following conversation:
*I'm pretty sure Mrs. BlahdyBlah did not, in fact, say this. Just a guess...Child #2: How do you make a sunburn go away, miss?Me: Well, I think you just have to let it fade.Child #2: Yeah, but how do you make it stop hurting and itching?Me: I'd probably try putting Aloe Vera on it.Child #2: Mrs. BlahdyBlah (another teacher) told me to take a hot shower.*Me: I think a hot shower would probably make it worse.Child #2: Yeah, well, she said it would make it hurt worse but then get better.Me: Ah. That seems helpful.Child #2: (confused look)

2 comments:
It's weird -- just this week I had a kid tell me how Tylenol is more effective if you crush it up and snort it. Maybe they've got painkillers on the brain, what with exams coming up...?
found you through Superfantastic so i'm reading your archives...and actually, taking a hot shower can help a sunburn feel better, although it doesn't make it go away any faster. i prefer getting into a hot tub rather than the shower because then the water is just on you and not hitting you. but to each his own!
Post a Comment