Saturday, April 26, 2008

This isn't NAKED. It's NEKKID.

Looking for a way to spice up your vacation? Yeah, me neither.

There are a couple of things in this New York Times article about nude vacations (nakations) that give me pause. The first? Probably the line that goes something like, "When Mr. Massa, 74, and his wife Darlene go on vacation, they do it in the nude." Seventy-four?? Thanks a lot, New York Times. The image that has now seared itself onto my retinas should only give me nightmares until I'm old enough to show off my wrinkly, liver-spotted, naked body whilst on vacation.

I also like how Mr. Massa says, "When you don't have any clothes on, you don't know if someone's a judge or a doctor, or a lawyer or a mechanic." Someone should tell him that most people can't discern a person's profession simply by looking at their clothes, unless that person is wearing a T-shirt that says "I'm a doctor" or "I collect stamps," (in which case, I wouldn't want to hang out with that person). Sorry, Mr. Massa. I'm not buying it. You just like to be naked. Don't try to validate your "nakations" with your flaccid reasoning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See how I was able to avoid any mental images right up until your use of "flaccid" there at the end. Thanks a lot.

Leslie said...

Yes, I was also going to give props on the EXCELLENT use of the word "flaccid"!!!