Ah, yes, it is back to school time. As many teachers and students around the country prepare to go back to the classroom, here I sit, happy as Paula Deen in a store that sells nothing but butter and sour cream.
I can't believe that I was getting ready for my first real teaching job only a year ago. It feels like a different lifetime. Sure, it was tough - the toughest thing I have ever done, in fact. I enjoyed sharing stories with you all, and I'm afraid my content in the coming year will be quite different now that I won't be with the accidentally funny thuglets day in and day out. However, funny things happen every day (like Clay Aiken fathering a child), and you can trust that I'll be on the lookout for those things. Still, if you're in the mood for some laugh-out-loud, pee-your-pants classroom humor, may I direct you to Sassafrass Junction (caution: contains language you don't want your children to learn until they are at LEAST 13 or so) and Superfantastic (now teaching in Texas! Teaching little kids! Who say funny things!)? You won't be sorry. Just the other day, while reading a post from that mistress of mirth Sorcia McNasty (Sassafrass Junction), I shot Diet Dr. Pepper out of my nose.
Seriously, keep some paper towels near the computer. You'll thank me later.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So what will you be doing this year, now that you are sans the insanity of middle school?
I love you.
I also love how much you love my blog.
I'm teaching genuine thugs (athletes) at You-Know-Where-University this year. Nothing says funny like the ribald humor of uneducated-in-the-ivy-league-of-the-south guys who don't think it's weird that they've never read a book.
@leslie: This year, I'll be doing some freelance writing and editing, some tutoring, and probably some substitute teaching.
That sounds exciting - much more enjoyable than this last year. :-)
Sorry my blog turned into a big whine-fest right when you sent people there. EVERYBODY, SKIP DOWN TO THE ONE ABOUT FIRST-GRADERS.
Don't forget the mayonnaise. No Paula Dean nirvana is complete with butter, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
Post a Comment