Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Love means never having to say you're sorry...for being white

Actual bumper stickers seen this weekend in Virginia:



Actual trash in the truck bed beneath bumper stickers:

Make of that what you will.

I realize that this is not the promised "serious post about the President" (though in subtle, symbolic ways...maybe?). I have a draft of that post and will be publishing it soon. At the moment, however, you're going to have to get by with this.

I'll be back in a few days. Try not to cry too hard when you're missing me. It makes your face all red and splotchy, and, let's face it, that's not very attractive.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My blotchy face aside --

I do love seeing the pride of "white trash" displayed in public arenas!!! Mmmm, makes me proud to be from the South!! (And remember, I now live in the town - and practically on the campus -- of a school that has the rebel flag IN SCHOOL COLORS so you can show "white pride" and "tiger pride" all at once.

"And I'm proud to be an American..." HA!

Anonymous said...

While in Wales (yes, Wales) I was astonished to see one of those displays where all the flags of every country in the world fly proudly and... wait for it... Instead of the Stars and Stripes representing America (wasn't there) there was the Confederate Flag. Oh yes. The "War of Northern Agression" must have had serious sympathizers in the Welsh population, because they're treating the South as it's own country.