Per Leslie's comment, I thought I should let you know (since you have all been waiting SOOOOO expectantly) that I did indeed finally "finish" my thesis. I say "finish" because I still have to defend (on Thursday) and possibly make corrections before turning it in for good. FOR GOOD! So I'm approaching the end, which excites me beyond words. I also have a 15 page paper due a week from Tuesday for my Contemporary American Poetry class. Again, it's a mere blip on the screen - I'm really almost through!!!
I think I'll celebrate being finished with graduate school by getting married to this guy. Makes you want to celebrate too, doesn't it? Go for it. Just don't get any ideas about marrying Nolan. This ain't no Big Love, people.
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WOOHOO!!! Yea, you!!! Of course, your "done" still sounds like a TON of work to me. :-) ha!
I do like your way of celebrating, though. Drew and I celebrated school being out one year in almost the same way -- we got engaged. It was a fun celebration. :-)
Congratulations! Any chance of you posting a copy, or otherwise making it available? (Yes, I read theses regularly for pleasure -- I'm a stone nerd)
Oh, and on the paper: how do you stretch "it's krep!" into 15 pages? If you can do that, you can defend any thesis.
Monk, surely you aren't suggesting that contemporary american poetry is crap...Especially the poetry of Wallace Stevens, A.R. Ammons, and Louise Gluck?
As for posting a copy of my thesis...um, yeah. That's probably not going to happen. I have no desire to inflict pain on those who faithfully read my blog!
Post a Comment