Monday, April 17, 2006

Why life is not like a soap opera...

...I say this as though there is only one reason. Of course, it may be feasible that a woman is being drugged into an amnesia-like-state so that she will believe that she is really married to an evil and mysterious stranger instead of her real husband, who is a mercenary-turned-priest-turned-cop-turned-lovinghusbandandfather. And I could be convinced that a teenage girl who is about to be on trial for the hit-and-run death of her little brother accidentally fell through a manhole into a sewer with a poisonous gas leak while she was running away from her father, who was scolding her for her generally sneaky and irresponsible behavior, and whose marriage she is secretly sabatoging so that he will remarry her mother. It isn't even that much of a stretch to think that two sisters are in love with two brothers, and that each is involved with the one that the other one is really in love with. Oh, and the brothers are also involved with the one that the other brother is actually in love with.

But to think that someone could actually get clear cell phone reception on a freakin' sailboat in the middle of the ocean?!?!?! Pshaw. I can't even get clear cell phone reception in my living room. I'm calling shenanigans on you, Days of Our Lives. Oh yes. The gauntlet has been thrown. Unless you can get me one of those cell phones, in which case, I withdraw all charges.

3 comments:

Jill said...

about the sailboat thing...Not only do they have clear cell coverage...BUT also wireless internet to watch streaming LIVE TV news coverage from home!

Leslie said...

Susanna, it's good that your perspective on reality is SO CLEAR.

Susanna said...

At least as clear as my cell phone reception is...