Thursday was apparently "Go to the Doctor Day" here in Kentucky, because the waiting room in my doctor's office was as crowded as friggin' Disney World. OK, not like Disney World, but you get my point. I was sitting across from a white lady in a garishly appliqued Christmas sweater and an African-American couple with a really cute baby. I know I shouldn't have been surprised when the sweater-clad woman's cell phone rang, playing "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" (her sweater was really the only clue I needed for this), but I almost choked when I looked at the couple next to her. They were looking at her like she had just audibly farted. It was awesome.
I think my one regret in life is that I didn't have a camera to capture the looks on their faces. I would have sent it out in my Christmas cards.
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Was it one of those raised paint Christmas sweaters? Those are my favorite...no, wait, I love the ones that have little pockets with the 25 days of Christmas that you can open for each day
This entry totally sounds like the intro to a Flannery O'Connor story.
Susan, whoever you are, I totally agree. Actually, we can tie it to the last post and have one lady tell the other lady that she looks like the ass end of a pig.
I felt it.
Susanna - Your blog makes me wet my pants. You know the question where you are asked, "If you could have any other career other than the one you have now, what would it be?" And the banker says something like, "Astronaut." THAT is how I feel about your blog. If I wasn't always so, "Oh the White House hates Arabs" I think this is blog I would want to be.
Post a Comment