In my second round of this riveting induction into the world of education, I learned another valuable lesson from the folks teaching the alternative certification courses -- are you ready for it?
Don't have sex with your students.
Yes, indeed. I'm SO glad I'm contributing to the salaries of these extremely helpful people. Because honestly? I think teaching would be very difficult without their wisdom and insight.

6 comments:
Now Ms. Teacher...you may think this is common sense, but working for DHS, I know this not to be true. Even last week, I talked with someone who needs to get caught up on "Volume 2." Needless to say...that teacher is in a little bit of trouble.
Dear Ms. McFarland,
Could you please write sometime POSITIVE about education?!
I hate resorting to comfort the very few friends of mine (who actually want to be teachers) with: "Well, at least you won't be teaching anywhere near Texas!! Be grateful!"
Signed, your anonymous Canadian reader. :)
By the way, I mean "something" not "sometime". I know how much you hate misspellings. :S
I like your blog just the way it is! I also teach and although there are lots of positive, fun things that happen each day, I enjoy hearing the real, nitty-gritty, salt of the earth stories....You crack me up! Keep it coming!
Jesus. I didn't want to fuck high school guys when I myself was IN high school. That certainly hasn't changed now that they all look like tiny children to me. Where are these whore bag teachers coming from?! Are they blind? Insane?
Let's see. Having to attend pointless seminars. Endless beaurcracy. Being told not to have sex with people you're incharge of because there are actually creepy people out there doing that sort of stuff. The people you are in charge of not caring about what you are passionate about. God just might be preparing you to be a pastor. Just saying. ha ha ha!
Post a Comment