Monday, July 10, 2006

Open Letter to the Driver of the Steel-Grey Hyundai Sonata

Dear Sir:

Today, as you drove down Nicholasville Road around 3:00 in the afternoon, I believe I may have been borrowing one of what are apparently your lanes. You clearly owned the road in your super badass vehicle, and I was a fool to think that I could legally pass that dump truck directly in front of you that was going 10 miles an hour. And I assure you, when I honked my horn at you, it was for no other reason than to signal DANGER!, as your quick change into the lane I was borrowing from you nearly took the entire front end off of my car. So sorry about that. I can maybe understand why my horn-honking would have elicited your subsequent bird-flipping, especially now that I understand that I was using a lane of your road without your permission. Please forgive my foolishness. However, as no rude gesture should go unrequited, please send me your name and address so that I can send you a xeroxed copy of my bare butt. I want to mail moon you.

Sincerely,
The Angry Woman in the Silver Honda Civic

2 comments:

gmw said...

whew! vicious, but i liked it, having driven said road with similar drivers...

Brian said...

yeah, i think i remember that guy. i even offered to pay him toll.

what i hated more, though, were the guys in ford f-150s who seemed to be hooked side-by-side and drove about 35 on nicholasville road. i was tempted to ram into the bumber of one of the trucks one day. however, i realized that the cargo wasn't tobacco. they were, in fact, transporting mexicans. then, i fell into a day dream that i was suddenly involved in some sidney lumet cinco de mayo scene. seminary does strange things to you.