- A sixty-something (or seventy-something?) gentleman wearing a John Deere hat and riding a carnation pink moped. I have a feeling he was going to sell some Mary Kay.
- A sign advertising "Used Cows For Sale."
- Mullets. Many, many mullets. Mulletpalooza.
- More American flags than you could shake a stick at. (Whatever that means. Why would you shake a stick at an American Flag? Why would you shake a stick at anything? Didn't your mother teach you not to play with sticks? You'll put someone's eye out!)
- A Fourth of July parade featuring a lineup of men driving or pushing a variety of lawn mowers in a carefully choreographed parade sequence. Think Macy's Thanksgiving Day. And then stop thinking about that, because this ain't it.

Now that Nolan and I are getting settled into our lives here in Kentucky (which, mullets and all, is a great place to live), I hope to be blogging more regularly. Think of Kentucky and unemployment as prune juice to the GI tract of my blog. Enjoy that mental image, won't you?

6 comments:
Ah Wilmore, why did I ever leave that place? Maybe events like this are the reason I never lived there. Of course my first Kentucky home, Mitchellsburg, makes the bubble look like Manhattan. Enjoy the bluegrass and I look forward to your consistent blog entries! Don't let us down!
Okay, that lawn mowing routine is pretty weird and funny. What the heck?
And, MULLETS? Didn't Kentucky get the memo?
P.S. Hilarious blog you've got here. I'm enjoying myself very much.
That IS a lovely image. Thanks for that.
Mullets and a lawnmower brigade in the parades? Are you sure you're not in Baton Rouge? We have both of those (and they sometimes even combine -- mullets IN the lawnmower bridage).
Hope you two are doing well.
First of all, you haven't even checked out the Eastern bit yet. Think two trailers duct-taped together to form a "double-wide". Think fat men in over-alls with no shirts underneath. Think deer jerky stands beside professional taxidermists. And most importantly, think of the inwardly tortured Dawn who lived there for 18 years.
Now. Get your ass to Louisville!! I'll take you to the Sluggers museum?
I am reminded of the vending machine with live bait in it at the Wal-Mart in Frankfort, where I taught. Of course, none of us in Ashland has ever done anything worthy of being made fun of. ;)
Post a Comment