Tuesday, October 04, 2005

An Activity

I thought of something I could leave you with in my absence. I call it "The Caption Contest," and it goes something like this. I post a picture, along with its original caption, like so:

Original Caption: President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair walk through the grounds of Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

The object of the game is to come up with a 'better' caption; the comedic/satiric angle (a la MST3K) is preferable. Some questions to ask yourself to help come up with a caption for this particular photo, for instance:
1. What are they talking about? (Specific imaginative quotations are a plus here)
2. What is their body language saying (e.g. what do you make of Tony's leaning toward Georgie)?
3. Why are they walking through the gardens of an Irish castle?
4. Does seeing the two of them together make you want to:
(a)clap (b)vomit (c)both (d)move to Canada (e)get wasted (f)celebrate freedom
(g)all of the above (h)none of the above

And so, I think you get the point. Just post your captions as they come to you. The writer of the funniest caption wins a prize! Woot!

10 comments:

Brian said...

"Let me get this straight: America was once a part of Great Britain?!?! How 'bout that? You learn something new everyday."

"Does anything seem wierd to you about a couple of guys in dry cleaned suits and starched shirts walking through the Irish countryside?"

"So tell me, Tony: what's it like to be king?"

Nolan said...

Hold up a second, Big T. What do you mean subjects and verbs have to agree?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nolan said...

Yeah, really. I hold my hands out like this and you try to slap them. C'mon, President Blair.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"I swear to God Pastor Blair... castles are only this big in Texas."

Erin said...

Tony, I swear. Back there in the bushes. He was in a green suit and about this tall.

Brian said...

Hey Tone, don't tell anybody, but they let me drive Air Force 1 on the way over here. The pilot told me that if I kept it real steady he'd give me a set of wings to wear on my jacket.

Dawn said...

"I tell you what, Tony, I asked for a midget this tall...and they delivered. Now you've got to GIT yourself to Amsterdam."

Rob said...

"All you do is put your hands on the turn table like this, then get jiggy with it!"