Monday, October 17, 2005

It's Not That I'm Lazy...(aka Caption Contest III)

Believe me, I'd love to be blogging all about my beautiful new nephew and how much I love him and showing off the pictures I took this weekend; unfortunately, I have to spend the next few days writing a 15-page paper on couplets and how they relate to the forging of identity in the poetry of John Gay and Jonathan Swift. (If you're wondering what that looks like, just picture me in front of my computer, screaming.) So, like I said, it isn't that I'm lazy (and it isn't that I don't care, either). It's just that I've come this far in grad school, and dropping out isn't really an option anymore. So, here's a picture for you guys. You know what to do:

12 comments:

Nolan said...

What happened here? A few minutes ago there was a whole second paragraph about whether or not we thought USC was any good. I went off and did my homework and came back ready to put down all the proof as to why USC is not that good and 600 yards of offense against nobody really isn't that big a deal. Now I come back and that paragraph is gone! So, if you want the reasons, just put the post back up. I'm sure there are lots of people who will agree that they are not in a league of their own!

Susanna said...

Ha ha...I thought there was just too much for people to respond to. Asking for captions to the TomKat photo and for an accurate assessment of USC was a little overzealous blogging on my part. I chose the more important thing...I already know that USC is amazing.

Brian said...

Katie, is that your belly button, or are you just happy to see me?

Erin said...

Gosh Tom, with our matching jeans and sunglasses, we are the undisputed winners of the cute parents-to-be contest! Now the whole world HAS to do what we tell them!

Susanna said...

Gee, Tom, I know you don't agree with medication for postpartum depression, but whatever you slipped me in order to get me to not only agree to marry you but also to have sex with you in all of your insane freakishness...well, lemme just tell ya, that was some goooooood stuff. Potent.

Susanna said...

Tom Cruise comments, subtextually: "Hey, everyone, look at me! I'm a big action star! I used to be married to Nicole Kidman! I impregnated Katie Holmes! Clearly, I'm the straightest man ever! Make sure you notice just how straight I am!"

Brian said...

Tom, that looks like the jacket you wore in "Risky Business."

Nolan said...

Tom responds to Katie's comment as suggest by Brian above:

That's real funny, Katie. Were you born when "Risky Business" came out?

Susanna said...

Brian, I think your first caption may be the winner here. Not that I'm opposed to more entries...After all, I need something to laugh at besides how very bad this paper is.

Dawn said...

Katie: Tom, why is that kid staring at you?

Tom: Uh, I don't know, but I DEFINITELY didn't sleep with him. I knocked you up, remember?

Susanna said...

I think she may be more upset that she's carrying the child of a CRAZY MAN.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.