Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Barbie is Ho-tastic!

I am one of those people who tend to do most, if not all, Christmas gift shopping online. If this, for some reason, causes you to think that I'm cold and heartless, you probably won't be one of the people I'm shopping for anyway. Way to go.

Anyway, I tell you this because I am sitting here at the library doing a little Christmas shopping (because that is what the library computers are for...duh!), and I was trying to think of a gift for my niece. Most girls her age really dig Barbie (I know I did), so I looked on amazon.com (where else?) to see what kinds of Barbie dolls were available these days.

Feast your eyes on the Barbie Collector Holiday 2005 Doll:


Can I just take this moment to ask "What the HELL happened to Barbie?"?!?!?!?! I mean, I know she's always been a little bit of a tramp, but I'm specifically wondering what happened to her face. She looks like the grown-up version of what would happen if Ken mated with one of the Bratz Dolls. Ugh. Barbie, honey, more makeup does not equal better looking. You look like Joan Rivers. Needless to say, I'm still looking for a gift for my niece. And I hope Mattel is looking for new redesign people, because, really, what the crap?!

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Barbie: Self-Injected Paralyzing Poison Sold Separately.