Sunday, November 27, 2005

I Need Your Help

For those of you who know me, my next statement won't come as any big suprise. I happen to be what some might call "fashion-disabled." While I'm not necessarily a contender for What Not to Wear (on a good day, anyway), I'm definitely more of a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl than anything else. So you can imagine the predicament this puts me in, what with being recently engaged to the coolest man alive. (Side note: To those of you who thought Bono was the coolest man alive (this probably includes Bono) - sorry, but you're wrong. And probably stupid.)

OK, so back to me. And my predicament. Anyone out there who has ever browsed the magazine section of a bookstore must know that the "Bridal Magazine" market is not one that is exactly hurting for patrons. The problem here is that there are three hundred and eleventy bajillion choices for wedding dresses. So I think I've found one that I like, but I want some feedback to make sure I'm at least heading in the right direction. What do you guys think?


(For those of you who think I'm serious, you belong in the camp with those who thought Bono was the coolest man alive. Wrong and probably stupid.)

10 comments:

Monk said...

Ummm....no. Unless you want to be on "What Not to Wear," anyway. The pic looks like a World War I-vintage nurse erecting an oxygen tent. For advice, I refer you to my own official fashion consultant, KANH (whose wrath you do not want to invoke). KANH knows wedding dresses.

Seriously, although I have not yet met you, I do know your affianced, and agree, in part, with your assessment of him. I say, "in part" because there are two cooler guys in the cosmos: JC and (a very extremely distant second, but still ahead of an Auburn fan) me. I also know that any finace of Nolan Dynamite's must be a pretty cool lady.

Congratulations you two! We hope to hear more detail in the coming days and weeks. Have asked Nolan, but since he chose to "announce" the event in a post about a guy in a dress, we don't hope for much from that quarter.

Cheers & congrats!

Anonymous said...

Susanna,
I am a member of the harrass Nolan fan club, as are my husband and children. As for my knowing wedding dresses?! My youngest would tell you, NOT. She has asked me, what were you thinking Mom? I will grant the sleeves were a little full, for a 5'10'' swimmer. But to my defense, it was 1990!

When I told my girls this morning that Nolan got enganged. Emily, my thirteen year old was excited and wanted to know all about you. I told her, from your blog, it look like you are a grad student in lit and you love poetry. Emily, said she already likes you. Em has it in her head that she is going to Oxford to pursue a degree in lit. She already knows what she has to score on the ACT and how much money she needs. As a mother that doesn't want an ocean between me and my child, I may call upon you to convince Em of Auburns merrits.

As for wedding advice...have fun with it. My younger sister got married last Dec. She had a small wedding on the top floor of a resturaunt/saloon in a gold rush town in Northern Cal. She is a teacher and her husband a social worker and both in their 30's. Needless to say, they both have lots of friends and associates. That's why she decided to go small. It was family and very close friends, other wise it would have been thousands. It was intimate, beautiful and a great party.

I really just wanted to say congrats, I am very happy and excited for both of you!

KANH

Susanna said...

I'm sorry Margie, but I don't know that I'm all that comfortable with you watching me be "really truly loved by a fantastic man." I mean, c'mon. That's private.

Nolan said...

Margie, you are coming to my wedding and singing the Wedding Singer soundtrack. Whoopidee-doo!

Do you really "loave" my future wife? What's that about?

Dawn said...

Well, it's taken about 4 days, but I have finally reached the point of being a little weirded out by Susanna being engaged. Maybe even a lot.

Brian said...

When did Bono stop being the coolest man alive?

Susanna said...

Brian, didn't you get the memo? Bono stopped being the coolest man alive in 1974.

Susanna said...

I just realized how abominably rude I've been. Many thanks to Jill, Monk, and Karen/KANH for their comments! I'm thrilled that people are so excited for us. We're pretty dang excited, too!

Robby said...

Alls I know is that I don't know nothing! Squeezie you getting hitched? When did this happen? Well it's just great to hear. When is the big day?

Susanna said...

Hey Bob! We got engaged on Thanksgiving...and we're still working on setting the date. It's definitely the coolest thing that has ever happened to me!