Well, not really. I just didn't want to come across as unjustifiably harsh against America (or Americans who only speak English...after all, I am one). Believe you me, I really miss the place. And actually, I met some fellow Americans today; Chris, a religion PhD who lives in Scotland with his family, Ben from Wisconson who goes to Tennessee and hates Auburn (boooooooo!), Jack from Texas, Janine, Laura, and Joy. The class we are taking is very funny and the teacher laughs at us all the time because we are so terrible! We have people from Italy, Spain, America, Uganda, Serbia, and maybe one other place I can't remember. This is all great fun and I think everyone should try and put themselves in a position to experience something like this. I feel like I'm in a slapstick version of the United Nations or something. Anyway, just so everyone knows, I love America and was sad that I couldn't see the fireworks on the Fourth of July. But another reason I love America is because it is so easy for many Americans to get out and experience the larger world, and I just think we have a responsibility to be the best communicators as we can possibly be; otherwise, the impression of Americans abroad is nicht so gut (not so good), right?
So, I need to go home and do some homework (eek), but will surely have more things to say in the morning. Do some laughing when you think of me saying 'Uh.....errrrrrr....ich verstehe nicht!' every time the teacher asks a question!
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment