Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Prostitution, Murder, and Vomit

Every single day in my class, one of these three things comes up. Usually, it is prostitution. Today, we learned about some German man who was strangled with a telephone cord by his gay lover. And we learned the names of the parts of the body, which was a similar experience to being in health class with a bunch of adolescent boys. Then, we proceeded to learn how to say vomit as a verb and a noun. Frau Ruth is so funny and we are always learning really weird things. We also learn the normal stuff, but I don't think that is really blog-worthy news. And you don't either, so there.

Last night Laura (Brazil), Davide and I went to the Löwenbräu Keller, and met some crazy Australians there who took us along on their pub crawl. It was fun, but I lost Laura at some point during the night and was pretty concerned that something had happened to her. But she turned up this morning, so alles is gut. Something was lost in translation, I believe, and she thought I was leaving the pub without her. This is one reason it is good to learn different languages...so you don't lose your friends in Munich.

Let me take a moment to welcome another Miller baby into the world -- Hayden Strickland Miller, cousin to William, Wesley, Brasher, and Phoebe, and brother to Jackson...whew! What an awesome family!

No comments: