...well, I have arrived in Munich (München), at least. Everything went very smoothly until I began searching for a way to contact my family using a phone card purchased in the states. Apparently, pay phones here don´t accept the AT&T-Sam's Club variety of phone card. Be forewarned, ye future world travelers. Also, they have switched the Y and the Z on their keyboard and have added all the fun German characters like Ä Ö and Ü so that my typing experience is frigteningly akin to a person who has no control over his own desperately writhing fingers. Rest assured, there is much backspacing going on around here. And quite a bit of giggling.
I begin the whole process with the Goethe Institute tomorrow afternoon, so I am anxious to see how that all goes down. For now, Germany is exciting, scary, and a bit lonely. But I know it will get better and better. I suppose it is time to grab a delicious German beer. When you stay in the 'City Palace' Hotel, they give you a free beer ticket when you check in. Probably hoping you'll get drunk and not notice the walls as they close in on you. AHHHHHHHHHH!
And so it goes. Traveling alone is DA BOMB!
Sunday, July 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment