Wednesday, July 06, 2005

NUDITY!

No, not really, I just thought that would be an attention-getter. I do hear that there are some nude sunbathers at the English Gardens, but I haven't yet gone to verify. I will let you know if I do. This has to be a brief entry because there are so many people waiting to use the computers in the lab, but I must say (ich muss sagt) GERMANY is GREAT! Now, if only someone would help me understand Accusative and Dative cases, I'd be the happiest woman alive. Ah, but German chocolate is enough to satiate me for now...Akkusativ und Dativ can wait.

So, tomorrow I am supposed to join my classmates in the morning for a walking tour, if it doesn't rain. Then, after class, we (all Goethe students) go to an Irish pub where there is (apparently) karaoke and 2 for 1 Guiness. I am counting on this being a breeding ground for one ridiculous story or another. I do have to say, if the Germans sing karaoke like the two boys I saw in Karlsplatz today, may God have mercy on us. They sounded like wounded water buffalo. Or what I imagine a wounded water buffalo would sound like.

Oh, and, by the way, I know I ripped on America's policy for not teaching languages in school, but lemme just tell ya that we don't need to worry. Jack, the Texan in my class, knows about 50 languages, so he has us covered. He picked up our slack, so we're good.

No comments: