Friday, July 01, 2005

Some Random Thoughts...

OK, so I guess I won't be posting again until I find some Internet cafe over in Munich, but I just had a few things to say before leaving. If anyone wants to know the real "must-see" movie of the summer, let me save you the mental strain of reading all those reviews and tell you what it is: Batman Begins. If you were as disappointed as I was with the way Schumacher took the Batman movies, you should take heart, because this is truly the best Batman movie ever. Even better than the Michael Keaton version. It is profound, smart, touching, and, probably most of all, somehow all very believable. With a couple of billion dollars, any of us could be Batman, which makes his internal struggle all the more touching. He says that it is not who he is underneath, but what he does that defines him. Trust me -- go and see it. You'll like it. If you don't, I can't help you -- you'll probably like Revenge of the Sith.

I'm very curious about my impending adventure. I hope I'll have plenty of interesting things to report -- I'm sure that a stranger (like me) in a strange land is just begging for something (hopefully good things) to happen to her.

And yes, I know this isn't the best blog you've ever read...YET. You just wait. Or don't. See if I care.

No comments: